The Cutline filter is intended for use on continuous tone gray scale images. The best results are seen with photos or illustrations with gradient blends. Cutline screens are a combination of line/dot screens. A standard line screen represents gray tones in a photo or illustration by varying the thickness of black lines on a white background. However, in the Cutline screen, as lines get thicker, angles “cuts” appear in the lines, which cause them to break into dots. The result is an effect that emulates the classic old world engraving and woodcut techniques.
- Engraves selected parts of a grayscale photograph or illustration in 10 to 35 lpi. range, customizable to higher or lower settings.
- Uses a unique directional engraving tool called the Stamper to set angles and curvature of engraved lines.
- Effortlessly identifies and applies selected engraved lines to Highlight, Midtone and Shadow areas in an unselected grayscale image.
- Re–interprets gradients into engraved lines of varying width and shape.
- Offers wavy and straight lines and ellipses, making it easy to impact an image with an elegant engraving or stunning woodcut effect.